Thursday, June 6, 2013

Reflection

1.  There are so many things that I have learned in this class that help me to understand how the world works.  The one thing that I feel really helped me was learning the differences between cultures.  I never really did realize how different each and ever country is, and even the difference within a country.  Each country has its own standards, whether that is physical standards like money or measurements or social standards like not smiling to people on the street or social interaction and greetings.

2.  I am extremely fascinated by the evolution of technology and how that has shaped international trading and the economy.  The world is becoming smaller at such a remarkable rate.  Someday I hope to come up with a new technology that will change the world and it is remarkable how much each new technology changes the world.  For example, the container has simply revolutionized the trading industry.  I am so curious to know what the next big innovation will be and how it will shape the world economy.

3.  I would tell a student taking this class to be prepared to learn about some very interesting and applicable information.  There is not another class on campus, as far as I know, that will better prepare you for traveling the world.  It is important to understand how the world works and the way of life of other cultures before traveling or living there, and this course did a fantastic job of that.  A bit of advice would be plan on going abroad.  I do not plan on going abroad in the fall but now I wish that I was.  Now that I have such a great background of France, I wish that I would have applied to go in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment